Welcome to the Well-being in Hong Kong website (“Website”). The Website is created and maintained by Hong Kong Jockey Club Centre for Suicide Research and Prevention, The University of Hong Kong (“CSRP”, “We”). By accessing the Website, any individual accessing the website (“Individual(s)”, “You”, “Your”) acknowledged and agreed to these terms listed below. The following terms may be subjected to changes without prior notice and you are advised to visit this page periodically.
Copyright and Content License
- CSRP reserves the right of all contents shown on the Website.
- Individuals who upload or post on the Website must respect and not violate the copyright of the shared content and the privilege for broadcast, screening, and disseminate to the public.
- Individuals who upload or post any content on the Website shall unconditionally grant CSRP a worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights he/her has in the related contents for the use in CSRP.
- Extracts of the information on the Website may be reviewed, reproduced, or translated for academic research or private study only and must not be used for any commercial purposes.
- Reproduction or translation of substantial portions of the Website, or any use other than for educational or other non-commercial purposes, require explicit, prior authorisation in writing.
- Any use of information in the Website should be accompanied by an acknowledgment of CSRP as the source in full name “Hong Kong Jockey Club Centre for Suicide Research and Prevention, The University of Hong Kong”.
User Generated Content
- Individuals expressively agreed not to upload, post, and/or publicise any information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, discriminating, hateful, and any other morally, and racially objectionable contents.
- Individuals expressively agreed not to upload, post, and/or publicise any information that infringes on any party’s patent, trademark, commercial confidentiality, copyright, and/or other intellectual proprietary rights.
- Individuals expressively agreed not to upload, post, spread, and/or publicise any computer virus, files, or programme codes that is harmful to computer security.
- CSRP reserves the right to remove any contents which violated the aforementioned agreements at CSRP’s own discretion without any compensation or explanations.
- CSRP makes the utmost effort to ensure the accuracy and comprehensiveness of all contents shown on the Website. Nevertheless, CSRP takes no responsibility to guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any of the contents, nor take responsibility for any lost or damage directly, or indirectly incurred as a results of its use.
- CSRP does not endorse or recommend any commercial products or services. Inclusion of an author’s views or opinions on the Website does not mean they state or reflect those of CSRP, and private parties may not use them for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
- Psychological measurements and health information offered on the Website is for your reference only and is not intended to be used or relied on as a clinical diagnosis nor as a treatment purposes that substitute for a medical practitioners or related professional’s expertise.
- CSRP strongly recommends individuals to consult medical practitioners or related professionals immediately if you suspect to be suffering from any health condition(s).
- CSRP disclaims no responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any injury, illness, damages, loss, or death as a result of your reliance on the health information displayed on the Website.
- You acknowledged and agreed that by using the surveys offered on the Website, your results will be collected and retained anonymously by CSRP. Such data remain to be the properties of CSRP and may be further processed in academic research, publications, or advertisements.
Limitation of Liability
- Without prejudice to the applicable laws, CSRP accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special, or exemplary damages arising from the use of the App or any information contain therein.
- The above terms and any dispute or matter arising from the use of the Website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, unless specified otherwise.